Five Unexpected Benefits of Weight-Loss Surgery
Besides losing weight and feeling healthier, there are many benefits that come from long-term weight-loss surgery, such as:
- Joint pain relief
- Lower risk of heart disease
- Improved sleep apnea
- Reduce high blood pressure
- Improved cholesterol numbers
- Reduced risk of type 2 diabetes
But there are also many unexpected benefits to long-term weight-loss surgery that will put a smile on your face.
PERKS OF WEIGHT LOSS
- Your memory may improve! A study found that being overweight is linked to memory and concentration problems. Researchers discovered that losing weight actually alters how your brain works, and can lead to better memory performance. They found that patients showed memory improvement just 12 weeks after bariatric surgery.
- No more worrying about seat size! Forget about needing a seat belt extender or buying an extra seat on your next flight. Ride your favorite amusement park ride without worrying if you will fit. Sit in a folding chair and cross your legs with ease like so many New York Bariatric Group patients.
- Less sweating! Unless you are exercising, you will probably not sweat as much as you may have before losing weight. The larger you are, the more heat your body creates and the more likely you are to sweat excessively. Keeping your body weight within normal ranges will help your body stay cooler and drier.
- More money in your wallet! After losing weight, many patients have seen their previous health problems improve. This means fewer doctor visits, less copays, less prescriptions to fill and less money spent on diets that don’t really work in the long run. In other words, you’ll have more money to spend on the things you love doing.
- Feel happier and more self-confident! So many New York Bariatric Group patients say they feel amazing. Before surgery, Colleen was pre-diabetic, had high blood pressure, depression, and anxiety. She lost 127 pounds after bariatric surgery and says, “Now that I feel so good about myself with my self confidence, I can actually walk into a mall and buy whatever I want to wear and know that I feel good and I look good in it.”
CHOOSE HAPPINESS WITH WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY
Bariatric surgery is a safe, effective long-term weight-loss solution that helps thousands of people lose weight and keep it off. Many studies show that patients maintain 50% to 70% loss of excess weight 10+ years after bariatric surgery.
When it’s time to start a successful weight-loss transformation, it’s time to call NYBG!
We’re the best practice around and our numbers prove it:
- 23 skilled surgeons who are leaders in bariatrics, 4 Plastic Surgeons, 21 PA’s, and 1 Colorectal Surgeon.
- 30,000 successful procedures performed with more every day
- The #1 gastric balloon practice by volume – most balloons placed in the United States
- Access to online seminars, support groups, cooking demos, and Q&A sessions
- 100s of videos for patients explaining procedures, answering common questions, and showcasing previous patients
- Multiple offices located in three states; NY, NJ, CT
- Since 2000, we boast over 20 years of success!
All of our hospitals are Metabolic Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP) accredited facilities, which is a prestigious designation bestowed upon only the top quality bariatric programs.
Stop waiting; start achieving better health today. Together, we’ve got this!
New York Bariatric Group is implementing and enforcing strict guidelines put out by the Center of Disease Control and the Department of Health in order to keep our staff and patients safe.
We are offering in-person and virtual consultations to ensure that everyone is able to get the information and care they deserve without feeling pressure to leave their home.