When our patients decide they are ready to have bariatric surgery, there are multiple steps to go through before the actual surgery date. Although each scenario is a little different, depending on factors like your insurance company, your medical history, and the obesity treatment you choose, you can expect to undergo a series of consultations and evaluations.
At New York Bariatric Group, we have used our expertise in obesity and obesity treatments to create a detailed, comprehensive program to ensure your long-term health, weight loss success, and safety pre- and post-surgery.
Our team of obesity and weight loss experts will do the following to give you the best chance of success. You will:
- Receive extensive patient education from our psychologist. This involves a psychological evaluation which is required by the hospital and most insurance providers.
- Meet with our Registered Dietitian to discuss the lifestyle changes you’ll want to make before and after your procedures, to complement the surgery you have.
- Participate in evaluations to determine your pulmonary, gastrointestinal, and cardiovascular health. This helps us recommend a procedure for you, helps us monitor your progress after surgery, and keeps you as safe and healthy as possible during your journey.
- Participate in bariatric surgery support groups to help prepare you for not only the physical changes of weight loss surgery, but also the potential emotional and mental challenges that can come with this type of life change.
- Learn about what it means to be a New York Bariatric Group patient for life. Your care with us will continue long after your surgery as we offer life-long follow-ups after your procedure.
We look forward to working with you and guiding you throughout the entire journey of successful bariatric surgery, to a healthier, longer life. Call the New York Bariatric Group at 800-633-THIN for more information about getting started with weight loss surgery. You can also take our free informational seminar which will give you more details about the pre-surgery processes at New York Bariatric Group. Our seminar information is here.