Endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty in NYC is a cutting-edge and minimally invasive weight-loss procedure. Endoscopic procedures such as ESG use no incisions for decreased comfort by going through the mouth. ESG may be the solution if you're significantly overweight and diet and exercise haven't worked.
Who is a Good Candidate for Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty?
Endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty helps you lose weight while potentially lowering your risk of serious weight-related health problems. Examples of such issues include:
- Heart disease and stroke
- High blood pressure
- Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) or nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH)
- Sleep apnea
- Type 2 diabetes
- Osteoarthritis (joint pain)
You're likely a great candidate for endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty in NYC if:
- Your BMI is above 30.
- You haven't been successful in maintaining weight loss with lifestyle modification alone.
- You don't qualify for or want to pursue traditional bariatric surgery.
- You're willing to commit to healthy lifestyle changes, regular medical follow-ups, and participate in behavioral therapy.
- You're in NYC, NJ, and surrounding areas.