Reduce Heart Disease Risk With Weight-Loss Surgery
Heart disease is the leading cause of death worldwide according to the World Health Organization. How does obesity tie in? The American Heart Association indicates that obesity contributes directly to cardiovascular risk factors, such as:
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Hypertension (High Blood Pressure)
- Increased bad cholesterol and triglyceride levels
- Sleep Apnea
Excess weight often forces your heart to work harder during daily activities. Many of our patients at New York Bariatric Group tell us how difficult it was to walk short distances or climb a flight of stairs before having bariatric surgery.
Down from a size 18 to a size 2, Cyndy shared, “It was really sad that I could not walk across the parking lot, I was so out of breath.” Jamie, who lost 172 pounds, explained what made him decide to have bariatric surgery: “Walking up subway stairs and trying to catch my breath made me realize that this is not how I want to spend the rest of my life overweight.”
LOSE WEIGHT AND IMPROVE HEART FUNCTION
Research proves that losing weight is crucial to keeping your heart healthy. Long-term weight-loss surgery has been found to cut the long-term risk of heart failure by more than half in obese patients without a history of heart disease or stroke. Many patients see huge benefits to their health after bariatric surgery.
- Reduction of high blood pressure
- Improvement of obstructive sleep apnea
- Conquer joint pain
- Achieve long-term remission for Type 2 diabetes
- And more
Even if you currently have a heart condition, don’t let that stop you from considering long-term weight-loss surgery. New York Bariatric Group patients are thoroughly prepared for surgery and take part in a complete medical evaluation, including a cardiovascular health check.
Bariatric surgery is a safe, effective long-term weight-loss solution that helps thousands of people lose weight and keep it off. Many studies show that patients maintain 50% to 70% loss of excess weight 10+ years after bariatric surgery.
OUR EXPERIENCE; YOUR SUCCESS
When it’s time to start a successful weight-loss journey, it’s time to call NYBG! We’re the best practice around and our numbers prove it:
- 21 skilled surgeons who are leaders in bariatrics, 4 Plastic Surgeons, 21 PA’s, and 1 Colorectal Surgeon.
- 30,000 successful procedures performed with more every day
- The #1 gastric balloon practice by volume – most balloons placed in the United States
- Access to online seminars, support groups, cooking demos, and Q&A sessions
- 100s of videos for patients explaining procedures, answering common questions, and showcasing previous patients
- Multiple offices located in three states; NY, NJ, CT
- Since 2000, we boast over 20 years of success!
Our commitment to patient success and excellence has earned us accreditation from the Metabolic Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP). This prestigious achievement recognizes only the top bariatric practices. Stop waiting; start achieving better health today. Together, we’ve got this!
New York Bariatric Group is implementing and enforcing strict guidelines put out by the Center of Disease Control and the Department of Health in order to keep our staff and patients safe.
We are offering in-person and virtual consultations to ensure that everyone is able to get the information and care they deserve without feeling pressure to leave their home.