Mark Your Calendars – Transformation Celebration “Embracing Your New Life”
Come join us as we celebrate the launching of the Metropolitan Bariatric And Education Centers at the 1st annual Long Island WLS Motivational Conference.
We guarantee that you will not only be motivated by our professional speakers, but you will also be inspired by our successful WLS Post Op men and woman who have followed their dreams and found success in their business and personal lives!
DATE: October 27th, 2012
TIME: 8:30am to 4:30pm
LOCATION: St. Charles Hospital
200 Belle Terre Rd
Port Jefferson, NY
Free Admission for all registrants who are members of the New York Bariatric Group patients! ***Special Bonus, we will be providing a free lunch which will specifically be prepared by our own Bariatric Chef! For more information, please contact: Jean Marie Rafferty (631) 291-1900 or by FaceBook page – Metropolitan Bariatric Support and Education Centers!
Fall Harvest Recipe – Spiced Apples and Chicken
- 2 apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 teaspoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 1/8 teaspoons herbes de Provence, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed
- 1 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- In a small bowl, toss apple slices with lemon juices and cinnamon
- In a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 teaspoon oil and 1 teaspoon butter. Add apples to skillet, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender (about 5 minutes)
- In a seperate bowl, Mix 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence, salt and pepper.
- Place chicken between sheets of plastic wrap and pound with a meat mallet or the bottom of a small saucepan to a 1/2-inch thickness.
- Sprinkle the chicken on both sides with the seasoning mixture listed as step 3.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil and 1 teaspoon butter in a large skillet over high heat. Add half the chicken and cook until no longer pink in the center, 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Remove to a platter and keep warm. Add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil and 1 teaspoon butter to the pan; heat over high heat. Cook the remaining chicken in the same manner.
- Add broth, lemon zest and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon herbes de Provence and any accumulated juices from the chicken to the pan. Cook, stirring to scrape up any browned bits, until slightly reduced, about 3 minutes. Spoon the sauce over the chicken and serve with the sauteed apples.
- Recipe makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: 191 Calories, 6 g Fat (2 g Saturated Fat, 2 g Monounsaturated Fat), 72 mg Cholesterol, 6 g Carbohydrates, 0 g Added Sugars, 27 g Protein, 1 g Fiber, 292 mg Sodium, 342 mg Potassium. Source: www.eatingwell.com
Click on the link below to Order Now!