Think of It as a Life Changer
There are a couple of ways to think about weight-loss surgery.
You can view it as something that will change your size — but that’s only part of the story.
The real truth is it’s something that will change your life.
Surgery alone is not the answer to better health. The operation is a catalyst. It’s the launching point for an all-new way of living — and eating.
It’s a big step. And it’s important to have the right mindset before taking it. The surgery will force you to create new eating habits. Your stomach will be smaller, so you will get fuller faster. As a result, it will be more important than ever to make smart food choices.
Scan this series of blogs, and you will find the stories of several patients who have taken the big step. They have all learned a new way of eating. They’re taking in far less, but they say they don’t feel deprived. In fact, the most common comment among them is, “I wish I did it sooner.”
All surgery is a risk. But living with morbid obesity can be riskier. Chances of serious illness of various kinds multiply with excess weight.
Mindset is a critical factor in weight-loss surgery. Are you ready for a new life?
So if you’re thinking about taking the big step, here’s our advice: don’t view about it as a way to change your size. It’s much more than that. It changes …
- your vitality
- your diet
- your physical capabilities
- your attitude
- how others view you
… in short, it changes your entire life.
Your next step? Here are four options:
- Attend one of our free informational seminars. You’ll hear from our surgeons and our patients about the important things you need to know. You can sign up through this website.
- Make an appointment to see one of our surgeons by calling (516) 616-5500.
- Fill out our online contact form to make an appointment.
- Click on “Live Chat” in the upper left corner of your screen to have a conversation now.
You don’t have to face this challenge alone. Before and after your surgery, we are here to help you.