The Science Behind Weight Loss Drugs
Weight-loss drugs and injectables may be an effective short-term strategy for those needing to lose weight. However, the long-term success and tolerance for side effects of these medications is still being researched. The big question remains: How do they work to help people lose weight?
4 Ways Weight-Loss Drugs and Injectables Work
New York Bariatric Group’s medical weight loss program utilizes a variety of weight loss
These work through various mechanisms to foster weight loss.
1. Appetite Suppression: One of the primary ways appetite suppression occurs is by curbing
hunger and reducing appetite. These medications typically target specific receptors in the brain,
which play a crucial role in regulating feelings of hunger and satiety. By modulating these brain
chemicals, individuals feel full faster and consume fewer calories.
2. Metabolism Boost: Some weight loss medications, such as Phentermine and Qsymia, stimulate the body's metabolism, leading to increased calorie burning and improved fat utilization.
3. Fat Absorption Inhibition: Certain medications, like Orlistat, work by inhibiting the absorption of dietary fats in the digestive system. These medications typically target specific enzymes responsible for breaking down fats, reducing the amount of fat absorbed by the body.
4. Blood Sugar Regulation: For individuals struggling with obesity-related type 2 diabetes, certain weight loss injectables can also help regulate blood sugar levels. By enhancing insulin sensitivity and reducing insulin resistance, it not only assists with weight loss but also improves metabolic health.
It is important to note that weight loss medications are not a magical solution and should always
be used under the guidance and prescription of a qualified healthcare professional.
New York Bariatric Group: Weight Loss Leader
New York Bariatric Group’s doctor-supervised medical weight loss program is committed to
patient safety and well-being. Patients benefit from regular monitoring and follow-up
appointments. This ongoing supervision allows doctors to make necessary adjustments to a
patient’s treatment plan based on their progress and any changes in their health status. It
ensures that the weight loss journey is personalized and optimized for each individual, leading
to more effective outcomes.
New York Bariatric Group is a leader in long-term weight-loss solutions. Its bariatric practice is
the best around and they have the numbers to prove it:
- Over 30 surgeons who are leaders in bariatrics, plastic surgery, veins, and medical weight loss.
- 36,000 successful procedures performed with more every day
- The #1 gastric balloon practice by volume – most balloons placed in the United States
- Access to online seminars, support groups, cooking demos, and Q-and-A sessions
- 100s of videos for patients explaining procedures, answering common questions, and showcasing previous patients
- Multiple offices located in three states; NY, NJ, CT
- Since 2000, we boast over 23 years of success!
All of our hospitals are Metabolic Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement
Program (MBSAQIP) accredited facilities, which is a prestigious designation bestowed upon
only the top quality bariatric programs.
Stop waiting; start achieving better health today. Together, we’ve got this!
New York Bariatric Group is implementing and enforcing strict guidelines put out by the Center
of Disease Control and the Department of Health in order to keep our staff and patients safe.
We are offering in-person and virtual consultations to ensure that everyone is able to get the
information and care they deserve without feeling pressure to leave their home.