Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty: A Minimally Invasive Weight Loss Surgery
Losing weight for good is possible without incisions. New York Bariatric Group is offering a
minimally invasive procedure that can reduce the size of a patient’s stomach without the need of
surgery. This technique is called Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty or ESG.
Unlike traditional weight-loss surgical approaches, ESG is an endoscopic procedure that reduces stomach size without the need for external incisions. The procedure takes roughly 90 minutes and most patients can return home the same day.
ESG is designed to help people with obesity or those who are overweight and have been unsuccessful in losing weight on their own. At NYBG, patients start with a thorough evaluation and consultation to determine their eligibility.
You may be a good candidate for ESG if:
- Your BMI is over 30
- You haven’t been successful in maintaining weight loss with lifestyle changes
- You don’t qualify for or want to pursue traditional bariatric surgery
NYBG’s skilled surgeons use a flexible endoscope to reduce a patient’s stomach capacity, creating a tube or sleeve-like structure. The smaller stomach helps patients lose weight by limiting the amount of food they can eat. Paired with a healthy diet and exercise, patients can see long-term weight-loss success. Researchers have found that 12 months after the procedure, patients have lost 59% of their excess weight.
ESG offers several advantages over traditional weight loss surgeries.
- Minimally invasive: ESG is performed entirely through the mouth, eliminating the need for abdominal incisions and reducing the risk of complications.
- Shorter recovery time: Compared to surgical procedures, ESG results in a shorter hospital stay and faster recovery time, allowing patients to return to their daily routines sooner.
- Potential for weight loss: ESG has shown promising results in terms of weight loss, with patients experiencing significant reductions in body weight and improvements in obesity-related health conditions such as diabetes and hypertension.
- Reversibility: Unlike surgical procedures like the gastric bypass or sleeve gastrectomy, ESG is reversible. The sutures can be removed, allowing the stomach to return to its original size if necessary.
ESG also helps by lowering the risks of serious weight-related health problems such as:
- Heart disease and stroke
- High blood pressure
- Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease
- Sleep Apnea
- Type 2 diabetes
- Joint pain
"Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty can be the key that unlocks a healthier, happier you. Believe in the power of transformation and the potential within yourself. With determination and the support of our dedicated team at the New York Bariatric Group, together, we can achieve remarkable results. Embrace the opportunity to rewrite your story and discover the amazing possibilities that await on your weight loss journey" says Dr. Nikhilesh Sekhar, ESG Expert at New York Bariatric Group.
New York Bariatric Group: Your Source for ESG
ESG may be the solution for you if you are significantly overweight, and diet and exercise haven't worked.
New York Bariatric group is the best practice around and our numbers prove it:
- Over 30 surgeons who are leaders in bariatrics, plastic surgery, veins, and medical weight loss.
- 36,000 successful procedures performed with more every day
- The #1 gastric balloon practice by volume – most balloons placed in the United States
- Access to online seminars, support groups, cooking demos, and Q-and-A sessions100s of videos for
- patients explaining procedures, answering common questions, and
showcasing previous patients
- Multiple offices located in three states; NY, NJ, CT
- Since 2000, we boast over 23 years of success
All of our hospitals are Metabolic Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP) accredited facilities, which is a prestigious designation bestowed upon only the top quality bariatric programs.
Stop waiting; start achieving better health today. Together, we’ve got this!
New York Bariatric Group is implementing and enforcing strict guidelines put out by the Center of Disease Control and the Department of Health in order to keep our staff and patients safe.
We are offering in-person and virtual consultations to ensure that everyone is able to get the information and care they deserve without feeling pressure to leave their home.