Medication Series: How Does Saxenda Work?
In the ongoing quest for effective weight-loss solutions, Saxenda, a weight-loss injectable, has emerged as a ray of hope for many struggling with obesity and associated health risks. While weight-loss drugs and injectables can be an effective short-term strategy, the long-term success and tolerance for side effects of these medications is still being researched.
There are many benefits to this once-a-day injectable medication.
- Effective Weight Loss: Clinical trials have shown that Saxenda can lead to significant weight
loss when used in combination with a reduced-calorie diet and increased physical activity. It
usually takes about 8 weeks for Saxenda patients to see significant weight loss. Studies show
that patients have lost an average of 12 to 47 pounds while taking Saxenda.
- Reduces Health Risks: Losing excess weight can help lower the risk of various health
problems, including heart disease, diabetes, joint pain, sleep apnea, and certain types of
- Sustainable Results: Unlike fad diets or quick-fix solutions, Saxenda offers a more
sustainable approach to weight management. It helps individuals develop healthier eating habits
and maintain a stable weight in the long run.
Weight-loss drugs and injectables are gaining in popularity, but there can be potential side effects for some patients that can be managed by a doctor-supervised medical weight loss program. While these drugs have been effective in the short-term, the long-term success is still being researched.
New York Bariatric Group: Weight Loss Leader
New York Bariatric Group’s doctor-supervised medical weight loss program is committed to patient safety and well-being. Patients benefit from regular monitoring and follow-up appointments. This ongoing supervision allows doctors to make necessary adjustments to a patient’s treatment plan based on their progress and any changes in their health status. It ensures that the weight loss journey is personalized and optimized for each individual, leading to more effective outcomes.
New York Bariatric Group is a leader in long-term weight-loss solutions. Their bariatric practice is the best around and they have the numbers to prove it:
- Over 30 surgeons who are leaders in bariatrics, plastic surgery, veins, and medical
- 42,000 successful procedures performed, with more every day
- The #1 gastric balloon practice by volume – most balloons placed in the United States
- Access to online seminars, support groups, cooking demos, and Q-and-A sessions
- 100s of videos for patients explaining procedures, answering common questions, and
showcasing previous patients
- Multiple offices located in three states; NY, NJ, CT
- Since 2000, we boast over 23 years of success!
All of our hospitals are Metabolic Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP) accredited facilities, which is a prestigious designation bestowed upon only the top-quality bariatric programs.
Stop waiting; start achieving better health today. Together, we’ve got this!
New York Bariatric Group is implementing and enforcing strict guidelines put out by the Center of Disease Control and the Department of Health in order to keep our staff and patients safe.
We are offering in-person and virtual consultations to ensure that everyone is able to get the information and care they deserve without feeling pressure to leave their home.